Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

I-Cloud finds lost I-Phone in Terminal 5

When about to leave the UK, there are few things more frustrating than losing your mobile phone at the airport.

You can remember using it before check-in, but haven't seen it since. After the hassles of emptying your laptop and taking your belt off in security, you really want to sit and have a coffee - that is when you find the mobile has gone and panic starts ......

This almost happened to me today. Having sat down in Terminal 5, I went to check e-mails on my i-phone to find it had gone .....

The BA service desk tried to phone it - and no-one answered.

I ran back to security - and no-one had seen it.

Remembering the i-cloud, I switched on my laptop and used the "Find My I-Phone" icon:

I-cloud screen locating lost i-phone at security gates in Terminal 5, Heathrow
Phone had fallen beneath machine - but "Play Sound" alerted staff who found it 
Amazingly, the i-cloud showed the position of the i-phone. Checking with staff in Terminal 5, it looked like it should be in the security area ... even though they hadn't found it.

Then a second feature of the i-cloud saved the day. Clicking on the "Play Sound" icon over and over again, a member of security staff heard it and found the i-phone where it had fallen from the x-ray belt, under the machinery.

Having left information as to where I was sitting in the Terminal, the BAA staff put out a message for me and I was re-united with my i-phone .....

Having spent a fraught 30 minutes running around the Terminal before I thought of using the i-cloud, planning how to cancel the phone and how to claim on insurance, I realise the immense value of the i-cloud locator.

Even more, even if the locator had shown that the i-phone had been taken and was heading away down the M25, the i-cloud would have let me erase it remotely.

To say I am an Apple convert is an understatement :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
It will be reviewed and published on the blog unless it is offensive or spam.
Thank you for taking the time to read the blog and to comment on it.